Coach John Hodson - Mental Skills Coach and Founder of Win the Grind Mental Conditioning
Aside from his duties as a Director of Marketing for KPMG, Coach Hodson has been a long-time baseball instructor at numerous facilities in the NY/NJ area. He is currently on staff at PRIME Sports Agency where his duties include: advising elite H.S. players, co-directing the college recruiting efforts, and leading their mental skills program for amateur and professional players. Coach Hodson is also the Mental Skills coach at Wagner College, a Division I NCAA program located in Staten Island, NY. Coach Hodson has had the opportunity to speak to hundreds of athletes and corporate executives on a variety of mental skills topics all with the goal of optimizing your thinking so you can optimize the results you seek.
While each talk is customized to fit the need of each client, below is a sampling of topics Coach Hodson can deliver:
- Team building workshops on culture, building vision and mission statements (using designed thinking approaches)
- Foundations of Mental Conditioning
- Mental Agility
- Goal Setting
- Benefits of Change
- Neutral Thinking (Source: Trevor Moawad)
- Mindsets (e.g. Growth vs Fixed, Championship Mindsets)
- Reframing Threats into Opportunities
- Breathing for Performance
- Self-talk, Visualization, Mindfulness and Meditation
- Anxiety - Is it Really a Bad Thing?
- The Value of Routines - Optimize the Process and Stop Chasing Results
- "Spring Training Perspectives" - Getting Off to Fast Starts
- Head's Up Perspective - RAMP C Method (Responsibility, Awareness, Mission, Preparation - Compete. Source- HeadsUp Baseball 2.0)
- Building of Mantras tied to topics to help teams understand/implement strategies for success.